100% resorbable synthetic matrix
TIGR® matrix is the world’s first synthetic surgical matrix that is completely resorbable over the long term. It supports and strengthens tissue between six and nine months and is entirely degraded after three years and replaced by connective tissue. The TIGR® Matrix is twice as strong as a lightweight polypropylene mesh during the significant phase of wound healing (two to three weeks post intervention).
THE SURGICAL TIGR® MATRIX MESH
IS INDICATED FOR USE IN
- reinforcing weak points in toft tissue
- interventions for repairs of hernias and abdominal wall defects
- reinforcement of the abdominal wall and muscle flaps
SLOW, TWO-STAGE RESORPTION
TIGR® Matrix provides unique properties due to a combination of fibres that are resorbed at different rates:
- Greater protection for fresh surgical areas in the first weeks after surgery and the
- controlled gain of elasticity in the period that follows.
Slow resorption affords the tissue adequate time to regenerate and to react to slowly increasing load.